High School Symphonic Band Camp: June 10 - 13, 2017
Middle School Symphonic Band Camp: June 23 - 25, 2017
The focus of the Auburn University Summer Symphonic Band Camps is on concert band literature with an emphasis on full band rehearsals, section rehearsals, clinics, and master classes. Prominent music educators and the faculty, staff, and students of the Auburn University Bands will conduct ensemble rehearsals and master class instruction.
Two programs are available. Middle School students, who will be in the 6th through 8th grade in the upcoming school year, are invited to our Middle School Summer Symphonic Band Camp. High School students, who will be in the 9th through 12th grade in the upcoming school year, are invited to our High School Summer Symphonic Band Camp.
How to Register
Step 1: Download, print and fill out the Camper Medical Packet.
Step 2: Fill out the appropriate Online Registration form below. There is a place in the form to upload your completed Medical Packet.
Step 3: Send payment for camp tuition via mail to:
NBA Summer Band Camp
P.O. Box 3425
Auburn, AL 36831
Please make checks and money orders payable to NBA Summer Camps.
3 - Night Camp (High School Symphonic and Leadership)
2 - Night Camps (Percussion, Auxiliary, and Middle School Symphonic)
Back-to-Back Camps (i.e. High School Symph. THEN Leadership)
***NOTE: If used, only further discounts can be early-bird.
Early Bird Discount (Registered before April 15th)
District Honor Band (Program required)
All-State Honor Band (Program required)
Returning Camper (previous years)
|Contact J. Wine|
No refunds will be given for cancellations after Friday, May 26, 2017.
All tuition payments include a $50 non-refundable processing fee.
Summer Camp Scholarship Opportunities
The Auburn University Summer Band Camps offers a limited number of scholarships to aid in funding camp tuition. Students wishing to apply for scholarships should submit the following:
- Student Essay (1 page) stating reasons for the desire to attend camp, reasons for applying for the scholarship (financial need), and how receiving this scholarship could benefit their music education in the future.
- Letter of Recommendation from current Band Director.
Please submit these materials to our office (address below) no later than Friday, May 12th.
NBA Summer Band Camps
P.O. Box 3425
Auburn, AL 36831
- Large Ensemble Rehearsals
- Section Rehearsals
- Master Classes
- Evening Social Activities
- Lodging in AU Residence Halls
(A commuting option is also available.)
- T-Shirt and Certificate
- Finale Concert/Performance
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes and walking shoes (no flip flops!)
- Bed linens for a twin bed (Extra long if possible)
- Pillow and blanket
- Bath towels and washcloths
- Bathing Suit (High School only)
- Toiletry items
- Spending money for souvenirs and snacks
- Khaki shorts for the ending performance
- Instrument, including all accessories reeds, neck straps, cork grease, valve oil, and so on.
- If you are a percussionist, you should bring your sticks, mallets, and/or snare drums.
Mr. Josh Wine
132 Goodwin Music Building
Auburn University, AL 36849-5421
phone: (334) 844-4166
fax: (334) 844-3170